How do you embark on a journey to freelance as a developer?
I remember very well when things clicked for Mikey. It was during the Repurpose Your Purpose’s Group Program to Change Careers – and in that moment something inside shifted, opening up space for powerful and directed action.
After working in advertising and studying app development in Italy, Mikey took time to explore what to do next.
This is Mikey’s story of career change.
Mikey now successfully works for himself as a Developer + Digital Project Manager. In the video, we talk about a number of things, including:
- The importance of slowing down in order to explore what you want to do next
- Why professionally doing what you like works out better in the long run
- How different it is to deal with challenges when freelancing vs working full time
- The importance of saying No
- How meditation unexpectedly opened up space for connection (with Self and others)
- How it will all be OK in the end…but you need to get out there 🙂
- And more!
It’s always a pleasure and a surprise to catch up with Repurposers. I often have no idea what they will say during this video call and some things are surprising to me too, such as what was most unexpected or impactful about the group program. You can watch more videos and read interviews with Repurposers here.
If you dream of doing something you love but are not sure what to pursue, join me on a journey to Repurpose Your Purpose. Sign up on the waiting list to be the first to know when the next Group Program to Change Careers is announced.
And don’t forget to get in touch with Mikey, if you need a pro.