It’s a new year and I am excited to share a new story of career change with all of you. Tom took Repurpose Your Purpose’s Group Program to Change Careers and transitioned from working as a successful philosophy professor and published book author to starting his commercial photography business. How did it make the transition?
I caught up with Tom and asked him how working together helped him in his journey of career change. Enjoy this real story of career change and don’t forget to check out the group program that starts at the end of January.
Psst: want to find out more about Tom? Check out PortraitPhilosophy.com
Tom shared a lot about his story of career change, including:
- What it’s like to feel stuck and how difficult it can be to get unstuck on your own
- How going through a journey of career change with a group can be surprisingly helpful in unlocking your own awareness and feeling you are not alone
- How there is a different and more effective way to pursue a new career that doesn’t require you to spend a ton of time applying to jobs (and being rejected)
- How important it was to do both inner and outer work, including talking to people already working in the field
- What it felt like when it all clicked for him
- How overwhelming it can be to go from employee to entrepreneur and how he handles it
- What he would say to anyone thinking of changing careers but on the fence about working with Repurpose Your Purpose
Tom, like many I work with, had already spent time trying to change careers on his own. As he shares in the video, working with a coach and with a group can be a game changer. If you feel stuck and dream of doing something you love, join me on a journey to Repurpose Your Purpose. Sign up for the waiting list to be the first to know when the next Group Program to Change Careers starts. You can choose to attend in person (in Los Angeles) or online from anywhere in the world.