Here are all the upcoming in-person and online events. I hope to see you at one or all of them!
June 10 at 9 am Pacific - ONLINE
On Saturday June 10th, I will be guest speaking at Visionary Speakers' workshop Boost Your Career with Toastmasters Skills. I will share how joining Toastmasters helped my career and why I often recommend it to my clients.
June 22 at 9 am OR 5 pm Pacific - ONLINE
On Thursday June 22nd, I will host a virtual circle for people who want to change careers, but are not sure what to do next. You can choose whether to join us online at 9 am OR at 5 pm Pacific to accommodate different time zones.
If you have never participated in a circle, this is going to be a treat you don't want to miss!
June 26 at 6:30 pm Pacific - IN PERSON (in Los Angeles)
On Monday June 26th, join me at 6:30 pm at Cafe’ Loft in Los Angeles and meet fellow career changers in person. I will give a short talk, answer your questions about changing careers, and then it’s all about meeting each other and leaning into community ♥
Speakers featured at past events:
- SHEANA AHLQVIST, PhD - User Reseacher and Principal Consultant at PhD Insights.
- REMA MORGAN-ALUKO – Director, Software Engineering at Fandango (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- JOE ALTEPETER - Strategic Innovations Partner at Downtown Women’s Center’s MADE by DWC and past President and Board Member of Social Enterprise Alliance - Los Angeles.
- ANTHONY BARCELO - VFX Supervisor for independent films and Senior Compositor for feature films, TV, commercials such as Star Wars VII The Force Awakens, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and more.
- AMANDA BENDER - Senior Enterprise Account Executive at PowerToFly
- NIKKI BENZIMRA - COO at Doc2Doc Connect
- MICHELLE BLACKSHIRE – UI/UX Designer at Omaze (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- CASSIE BETTS – CEO MISLA.org and founder of District 2 (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- MICHELLE BRENNER – Senior Backend Engineer at ChowNow (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- MARTINE BROUSSE - Patient Advocate, Certified Mediator at AdvimedPro
- LISA MAE BRUNSON - Founder of Wonder Women Tech and Commissioner for Technology and Innovation for the City of Long Beach
- JUSTINE COCCHI – Techical Evangelist at Microsoft (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- LILY CONOVER - Writer and Consultant
- PRINCESS SARAH CULBERSON OF SIERRA LEONE - Co-Founder of Sierra Leone Rising, Author, and Public Speaker
- HASSAN EL-TAYYAB - Lead lobbyist on Middle East policy for Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL)
- MARISA ESCOLAR - Writer, Editor, and Coach
- MANNY FRAGELUS - Founder of CG Master Academy (CGMA)
- KATHERINE GAFFNEY – Founding Partner at Xcelerate Financial & Angel Investor (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- HOPE GARCIA – General Counsel of Tumblr (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- BENTE GENERAL – Technical Recruiter at IMDb/Amazon (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- CHRIS GOLDIE - Community Solar Operations Manager at Cypress Creek Renewables
- SENSEI KATHERINE DAIKI SENSHIN GRIFFITH - Zen Teacher, Professional Actor, Comedic Performer, and Writer
- USHA GUDURI – Mars 2020 Subsystem Lead & Full-Stack Software Engineer, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- COOPER HARRIS – Founder and CEO, Klickly (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- BRETT HEEGER - Startup and Social Impact Attorney at Gartenberg Gelfand Hayton LLP
- JEROME HELTON - Relationship-driven Growth Consultant and Partner at StartupTAP.
- AYANNA WILLIAMS HENDERSON - Adjunct Professor of Business & Marketing at Santa Monica College and Director of Digital Marketing and Social Media Partnerships at Pop Social Agency.
- JOSE HERNANDEZ - Community Engagement Manager at Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI)
- TERENCE HONLES - Principal Software Engineer at Nexleaf Analytics
- BRENDAN HUGHES - Creative Director at Hairpin / HHD. Public speaker and performer.
- NADYA ICHINOMIYA - Enterprise Agile Coach at Sony Pictures Entertainment, Co-Founder of Women in Tech:Hollywood and CEO/Founder of the Solve For Equality by 2025 in Hollywood & Technology Initiative
- EMILY JAFFE – Software Engineer at Fandango (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- TIMIRAH JAMES - Developer Evangelist
- SARAH JUNG - Educator turned entrepreneur, Founder of As We Dwell and Faithful Artisans.
- IRFAN KAMAL - Vice President of Marketing at Aspiration,
- TIFFANY (BURGESS) KAMANI – Talent Acquisition Recruiter at NBCUniversal, Inc. (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- BENNET KELLY – Internet Law Center and Pro Bono Attorney for the Cyber Civil Rights Initiative (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- NICKI KLEIN - Co Founder and CEO of Betagig, a new platform to help people "beta test" their next career before deciding on a major and pursuing an educational path.
- KIRSTEN KOROT - Intuitive Coach and Founder of Nature Nurture events.
- MIKEY T. KRIEGER - Freelance Developer & Project Manager
- CLARE LE - Director of Marketing and Events at the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) where she cheerleads on behalf of 44 startups working to save the planet.
- MILA LEVKOVSKY – Sr. UX Designer at Adobe – Interaction and visual design for next gen web and iOS apps. (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- ROBERTO ALEJANDRO LOPEZ - Community Outreach Coordinator in the Racial and Economic Justice program at the Texas Civil Rights Project (TCRP)
- SU LWIN - Social Media Intelligence
- SAMMY LYON - Realtor and Real Estate Investor
- DARREN MARBLE - CEO of CrowdfundX (CfX), a FinTech marketing firm that leverages a combination of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and digital marketing to help issuers acquire retail investors and shareholders at scale.
- ALESSANDRA MARINETTI - Sr. Director of Customer Education and Certification at Box
- MICHAEL MARTIN - Co-Founder and the Director of Public Policy at Free Machine and Head of Communities at SignalFire
- MARYELLA MARIE - Creative Director at The Positive Force Team and Virtual Event MC & Moderator at PowerToFly
- KAYLA MCCULLEY - Corporate Events Outreach Manager - West at Trilogy Education
- AMANDA MCGLOTHLIN - Co-Founder and Chief Design Officer at HQ Network
- ANNA MCNAUGHT - Founder The Liked Photo and Instagram Influencer
- STELLA MCSHERA - Founder of Equallet, the first comprehensive search platform solely populated with women-owned businesses.
- ZOË MELO - Social Entrepreneur with 15+ years of experience working with Social Design. Her mantra: A project only makes sense if it is good for people and planet.
- MITCH MIDDLER - Software Engineer and Computer Science Educator
- ANGELA MONTANO - Spiritual coach and prayer counselor. Founder of ReThink Prayer.
- RONNIE MOK - Sr. Technical Program Manager of Product Design at Hulu.
- YUKO MIYAHARA - Artist, Software Engineer, and Intuitive Coach
- JENNIFER NELSON - Digital Marketing Consultant and Instructor
- KRYSTINA NGUYEN - Director of Strategic Marketing for SonoSim
- CHRISTA NÚÑEZ - Founder and Director at The Learning Farm
- MARISSA PERETZ – Founder of Silicon Beach Talent (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- PAULETTE PIPE - Meditation Facilitator, Podcast Host, Sacred Space Holder
- KEN PRIMUS - Author, Speaker, and Entrepreneur
- MARIA S. REDIN - Chief of Staff of Two Bit Circus.
- SARAH ROBERTS – Assistant Professor at UCLA and leading authority on commercial content moderation (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- SHANA SANFORD - Experience Designer
- JENNIFER SEGAL – Project Management, External Relations, Mission & Launch Operations at SpaceX (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- DEBORAH SELLERS – Business Development, Corporate Strategist, Entrepreneur & Angel Investor (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- MAX SILVERMAN - Founder of Canvas
- SYMONNE SINGLETON - Software Engineer at Code for America
- PHIL STOVER - CoFounded Blue Skies Unlimited
- KAMEALE C. TERRY - Co Founder & CEO at ChargerHelp!
- KATE TORGERSEN - Founder and CEO of Milk Stork
- AMANDA WANG VALENTINE - MotiSpark Co-Founder & Fuse Executive Advisor at FUSE Corps, LA County
- JUAN SEBASTIAN VASQUEZ - Data Programs Manager, Office of Finance of the City of Los Angeles ; Data Instructor, General Assembly
- PRISCILLA VENTO – Founder/CEO at 30 Miles North (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- HAVA VOLTERRA – Co-Founder, CEO at Parsley (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- AMY Y. WAN, Esq. - Founder of Legal Bootstrap and Sagewise
- LEIGH WARE – Marketing Director at Quilt (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- GIANNA WURZL – CoFounder of Quilt (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- SHAROLYN WYNTER - Founder and CEO of Xpat, Inc. and creator of The Xpat App
- CHANG XU – Investor at Upfront Ventures (with Women's Voices in Tech)
- EMMA YEE - Senior Product Manager at Goodrx | Data