All events and workshops are offered online. There will be no in-person events until further notice. Please be super safe and look for ways to contribute to and hold space for everyone. We are one big community ♥
How to Change Careers to Increase Democracy
What is it like to do work dedicated to human rights and civic engagement? Join us online for discussion and meet fellow career changers – the How to Change Careers series of events is back!
Do you feel called to make a difference but feel torn between what you want to do and making a living?
I invited 3 career changers who work on peace-building, criminal justice reform, and immigrants’ rights to share their stories of career change.
How did they find the courage to make the change? What is it like to blend career and activism? How do they stay motivated? And what do they think of this moment in time? How do you know if it’s time to put your career in service of a higher Purpose?
Read all the details + RSVP to this event today. Don’t miss it!
October – December:
The Group Program to Change Careers
The last Group Program of the year!
Same unique approach to Career Change. Same price. Expanded.
Lean deeper into what matters: community, relationships, connection to Self, actionable steps, heightened awareness, compassion, courage and Purpose. Choose one of three cohorts to join live online and apply today to embark on your journey to transformation.
October 20: From Feeling “Not Enough” to Thriving
Due to its popularity, I am hosting this webinar once more. If you missed it the first time, join me on October 20th, for a special online event about (re)connecting with feeling “enough” no matter where you are at.
One of the most common experiences we share as human beings is the feeling we sometimes get of not “being enough.” You might experience it during the best of times (hello Impostor’s Syndrome!) or when times get tough. You might feel it once in a while or often, as a little hum in the back of your mind that you barely notice.
This webinar will not only share practices you can use right away, it will also provide you with plenty of opportunities to interact with me and with other participants. You will be invited to join small group conversations in break out rooms to dive deep into your own and others’ experiences. Come away with helpful insights and a new sense of possibility.
Speakers featured at past events:
- SHEANA AHLQVIST, PhD – User Reseacher and Principal Consultant at PhD Insights.
- REMA MORGAN-ALUKO – Director, Software Engineering at Fandango (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- JOE ALTEPETER – Strategic Innovations Partner at Downtown Women’s Center’s MADE by DWC and past President and Board Member of Social Enterprise Alliance – Los Angeles.
- ANTHONY BARCELO – VFX Supervisor for independent films and Senior Compositor for feature films, TV, commercials such as Star Wars VII The Force Awakens, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and more.
- AMANDA BENDER – Senior Enterprise Account Executive at PowerToFly
- NIKKI BENZIMRA – COO at Doc2Doc Connect
- MICHELLE BLACKSHIRE – UI/UX Designer at Omaze (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- CASSIE BETTS – CEO MISLA.org and founder of District 2 (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- MICHELLE BRENNER – Senior Backend Engineer at ChowNow (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- MARTINE BROUSSE – Patient Advocate, Certified Mediator at AdvimedPro
- LISA MAE BRUNSON – Founder of Wonder Women Tech and Commissioner for Technology and Innovation for the City of Long Beach
- JUSTINE COCCHI – Techical Evangelist at Microsoft (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- LILY CONOVER – Writer and Consultant
- PRINCESS SARAH CULBERSON OF SIERRA LEONE – Co-Founder of Sierra Leone Rising, Author, and Public Speaker
- MANNY FRAGELUS – Founder of CG Master Academy (CGMA)
- KATHERINE GAFFNEY – Founding Partner at Xcelerate Financial & Angel Investor (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- HOPE GARCIA – General Counsel of Tumblr (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- BENTE GENERAL – Technical Recruiter at IMDb/Amazon (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- CHRIS GOLDIE – Community Solar Operations Manager at Cypress Creek Renewables
- USHA GUDURI – Mars 2020 Subsystem Lead & Full-Stack Software Engineer, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- COOPER HARRIS – Founder and CEO, Klickly (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- BRETT HEEGER – Startup and Social Impact Attorney at Gartenberg Gelfand Hayton LLP
- JEROME HELTON – Relationship-driven Growth Consultant and Partner at StartupTAP.
- AYANNA WILLIAMS HENDERSON – Adjunct Professor of Business & Marketing at Santa Monica College and Director of Digital Marketing and Social Media Partnerships at Pop Social Agency.
- JOSE HERNANDEZ – Community Engagement Manager at Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI)
- TERENCE HONLES – Principal Software Engineer at Nexleaf Analytics
- BRENDAN HUGHES – Creative Director at Hairpin / HHD. Public speaker and performer.
- NADYA ICHINOMIYA – Enterprise Agile Coach at Sony Pictures Entertainment, Co-Founder of Women in Tech:Hollywood and CEO/Founder of the Solve For Equality by 2025 in Hollywood & Technology Initiative
- EMILY JAFFE – Software Engineer at Fandango (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- TIMIRAH JAMES – Developer Evangelist
- SARAH JUNG – Educator turned entrepreneur, Founder of As We Dwell and Faithful Artisans.
- IRFAN KAMAL – Vice President of Marketing at Aspiration,
- TIFFANY (BURGESS) KAMANI – Talent Acquisition Recruiter at NBCUniversal, Inc. (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- BENNET KELLY – Internet Law Center and Pro Bono Attorney for the Cyber Civil Rights Initiative (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- NICKI KLEIN – Co Founder and CEO of Betagig, a new platform to help people “beta test” their next career before deciding on a major and pursuing an educational path.
- KIRSTEN KOROT – Intuitive Coach and Founder of Nature Nurture events.
- MIKEY T. KRIEGER – Freelance Developer & Project Manager
- CLARE LE – Director of Marketing and Events at the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) where she cheerleads on behalf of 44 startups working to save the planet.
- MILA LEVKOVSKY – Sr. UX Designer at Adobe – Interaction and visual design for next gen web and iOS apps. (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- DARREN MARBLE – CEO of CrowdfundX (CfX), a FinTech marketing firm that leverages a combination of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and digital marketing to help issuers acquire retail investors and shareholders at scale.
- MICHAEL MARTIN – Co-Founder and the Director of Public Policy at Free Machine and Head of Communities at SignalFire
- KAYLA MCCULLEY – Corporate Events Outreach Manager – West at Trilogy Education
- AMANDA MCGLOTHLIN – Co-Founder and Chief Design Officer at HQ Network
- ANNA MCNAUGHT – Founder The Liked Photo and Instagram Influencer
- STELLA MCSHERA – Founder of Equallet, the first comprehensive search platform solely populated with women-owned businesses.
- ZOË MELO – Social Entrepreneur with 15+ years of experience working with Social Design. Her mantra: A project only makes sense if it is good for people and planet.
- MITCH MIDDLER – Software Engineer and Computer Science Educator
- ANGELA MONTANO – Spiritual coach and prayer counselor. Founder of ReThink Prayer.
- RONNIE MOK – Sr. Technical Program Manager of Product Design at Hulu.
- JENNIFER NELSON – Digital Marketing Consultant and Instructor
- KRYSTINA NGUYEN – Director of Strategic Marketing for SonoSim
- MARISSA PERETZ – Founder of Silicon Beach Talent (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- MARIA S. REDIN – Chief of Staff of Two Bit Circus.
- SARAH ROBERTS – Assistant Professor at UCLA and leading authority on commercial content moderation (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- JENNIFER SEGAL – Project Management, External Relations, Mission & Launch Operations at SpaceX (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- DEBORAH SELLERS – Business Development, Corporate Strategist, Entrepreneur & Angel Investor (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- MAX SILVERMAN – Founder of Canvas
- PHIL STOVER – CoFounded Blue Skies Unlimited
- KAMEALE C. TERRY – Co Founder & CEO at ChargerHelp!
- AMANDA WANG VALENTINE – MotiSpark Co-Founder & Fuse Executive Advisor at FUSE Corps, LA County
- JUAN SEBASTIAN VASQUEZ – Data Programs Manager, Office of Finance of the City of Los Angeles ; Data Instructor, General Assembly
- PRISCILLA VENTO – Founder/CEO at 30 Miles North (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- HAVA VOLTERRA – Co-Founder, CEO at Parsley (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- AMY Y. WAN, Esq. – Founder of Legal Bootstrap and Sagewise
- LEIGH WARE – Marketing Director at Quilt (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- GIANNA WURZL – CoFounder of Quilt (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- CHANG XU – Investor at Upfront Ventures (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- EMMA YEE – Senior Product Manager at Goodrx | Data