Now you can choose whether to attend most of Repurpose Your Purpose workshops and events to Change Careers either in-person in the Greater Los Angeles Area or LIVE ONLINE. Click on the event you are interested in and make sure to register on EVENTBRITE or sign up for the waiting list to join the group program to change careers (there will be an in-person group and a LIVE online group, depending on demand).
Looking for How to Change Careers, Repurpose Your Purpose original series of experiential events for career changers? Check it out here.
THURSDAY NOV 21 – SANTA MONICA: How to Change Careers at 40 (or later)
- Do you feel called to do something more with your life…but you are not sure what?
- Do you want to change careers but are stuck on what the next steps are?
- Do you worry about being “too old,” or facing ageism in the job market?
- Do you find yourself torn between sticking with what you do now (and invested years and money to build) and wishing you could just start over?
Remember being in your twenties and thinking people in their forties were “old” or had it all figured out, or must be completely settled? Now you are in your 40s, 50s, 60s or older, and you find that you still want to be creatively challenged, do work you love and make a difference.
In fact, sometimes getting older increases your desire to contribute: as you achieve the goals you had earlier in life, discover what is most meaningful to you, or come face to face with the fact that after years of toil you are still unhappy in your current role, changing careers at 40 or later can be one of the most powerful and rewarding things you do.
How can you pursue a career change – especially if you are not sure what you want to do – at midlife or later? Career changers in their forties, fifties and sixties have some of the same challenges as their younger counterparts, but also additional needs including facing societal attitudes towards aging. But older career changers can also have more resources, starting with an expanded network, more work experience and resilience.
Join Repurpose Your Purpose for our next How to Change Careers event, all about changing careers at 40 or later!
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A LIVING DOING SOMETHING THAT YOU LOVE?
No BS, no fluff, come ready to:
- Learn how to find a fulfilling career that WORKS FOR YOU
- LEARN FROM SUCCESSFUL CAREER CHANGERS who changed careers at 40 or later and landed successfully
- Expand your NETWORK
- Stay for an INTERACTIVE activity to unlock YOUR career transformation
We’ll talk about:
- The CHALLENGES and ADVANTAGES of changing careers at 40 or later
- How to FIND what to pursue next
- What changing careers is REALLY like – no fluff!
- MONEY and changing careers
- What SUCCESS looks like – and how to choose what success is for YOU
- How to leverage previous EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE in a new career
- and more!
Meet and hear from professionals and entrepreneurs who changed careers in their forties to pursue professions or businesses that they love and feel passionate about.
Psst: This is NOT going to be your typical panel discussion
TUESDAY DEC 10 – LOS ANGELES: How to Network as a Career Changer
Networking is tough enough…but how do you network if you are changing careers? And what about when you want to change careers, but have no idea what you want to do next? How do you network then?!?!?
Learn how to feel comfortable in any networking situation…as a career changer.
- Learn how to meet new people at events – and not feel awkward and out of place ever again.
- Explore different approaches to start (and end) effective networking conversations
- Come up with ways to “pitch” yourself even if you don’t know what you want to do yet
Join me to share, connect, and practice with fellow career changers in a safe and non-judgmental environment – This event is limited to a small number of participants – RSVP before Dec. 1st to save.
TUESDAY DEC 17 – ONLINE: How to Network as a Career Changer
Not in LA? No problem. Join me for a LIVE and interactive ONLINE workshop on How to Network as a Career Changer. It is just as effective as the in-person workshop!
Join me to share, connect, and practice with fellow career changers in a safe and non-judgmental environment – Find all details here and RSVP before Dec 1st to save.
Speakers featured at past events:
- SHEANA AHLQVIST, PhD – User Reseacher and Principal Consultant at PhD Insights.
- REMA MORGAN-ALUKO – Director, Software Engineering at Fandango (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- JOE ALTEPETER – Strategic Innovations Partner at Downtown Women’s Center’s MADE by DWC and past President and Board Member of Social Enterprise Alliance – Los Angeles.
- ANTHONY BARCELO – VFX Supervisor for independent films and Senior Compositor for feature films, TV, commercials such as Star Wars VII The Force Awakens, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and more.
- AMANDA BENDER – Senior Enterprise Account Executive at PowerToFly
- NIKKI BENZIMRA – COO at Doc2Doc Connect
- MICHELLE BLACKSHIRE – UI/UX Designer at Omaze (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- CASSIE BETTS – CEO MISLA.org and founder of District 2 (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- MICHELLE BRENNER – Senior Backend Engineer at ChowNow (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- LISA MAE BRUNSON – Founder of Wonder Women Tech and Commissioner for Technology and Innovation for the City of Long Beach
- JUSTINE COCCHI – Techical Evangelist at Microsoft (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- PRINCESS SARAH CULBERSON OF SIERRA LEONE – Co-Founder of Sierra Leone Rising, Author, and Public Speaker
- MANNY FRAGELUS – Founder of CG Master Academy (CGMA)
- KATHERINE GAFFNEY – Founding Partner at Xcelerate Financial & Angel Investor (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- HOPE GARCIA – General Counsel of Tumblr (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- BENTE GENERAL – Technical Recruiter at IMDb/Amazon (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- USHA GUDURI – Mars 2020 Subsystem Lead & Full-Stack Software Engineer, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- COOPER HARRIS – Founder and CEO, Klickly (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- BRETT HEEGER – Startup and Social Impact Attorney at Gartenberg Gelfand Hayton LLP
- JEROME HELTON – Relationship-driven Growth Consultant and Partner at StartupTAP.
- AYANNA WILLIAMS HENDERSON – Adjunct Professor of Business & Marketing at Santa Monica College and Director of Digital Marketing and Social Media Partnerships at Pop Social Agency.
- TERENCE HONLES – Principal Software Engineer at Nexleaf Analytics
- BRENDAN HUGHES – Creative Director at Hairpin / HHD. Public speaker and performer.
- NADYA ICHINOMIYA – Enterprise Agile Coach at Sony Pictures Entertainment, Co-Founder of Women in Tech:Hollywood and CEO/Founder of the Solve For Equality by 2025 in Hollywood & Technology Initiative
- EMILY JAFFE – Software Engineer at Fandango (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- TIMIRAH JAMES – Developer Evangelist
- SARAH JUNG – Educator turned entrepreneur, Founder of As We Dwell and Faithful Artisans.
- IRFAN KAMAL – Vice President of Marketing at Aspiration,
- TIFFANY (BURGESS) KAMANI – Talent Acquisition Recruiter at NBCUniversal, Inc. (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- BENNET KELLY – Internet Law Center and Pro Bono Attorney for the Cyber Civil Rights Initiative (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- NICKI KLEIN – Co Founder and CEO of Betagig, a new platform to help people “beta test” their next career before deciding on a major and pursuing an educational path.
- KIRSTEN KOROT – Intuitive Coach and Founder of Nature Nurture events.
- CLARE LE – Director of Marketing and Events at the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) where she cheerleads on behalf of 44 startups working to save the planet.
- MILA LEVKOVSKY – Sr. UX Designer at Adobe – Interaction and visual design for next gen web and iOS apps. (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- DARREN MARBLE – CEO of CrowdfundX (CfX), a FinTech marketing firm that leverages a combination of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and digital marketing to help issuers acquire retail investors and shareholders at scale.
- MICHAEL MARTIN – Co-Founder and the Director of Public Policy at Free Machine and Head of Communities at SignalFire
- KAYLA MCCULLEY – Corporate Events Outreach Manager – West at Trilogy Education
- AMANDA MCGLOTHLIN – Co-Founder and Chief Design Officer at HQ Network
- ANNA MCNAUGHT – Founder The Liked Photo and Instagram Influencer
- STELLA MCSHERA – Founder of Equallet, the first comprehensive search platform solely populated with women-owned businesses.
- ZOË MELO – Social Entrepreneur with 15+ years of experience working with Social Design. Her mantra: A project only makes sense if it is good for people and planet.
- ANGELA MONTANO – Spiritual coach and prayer counselor. Founder of ReThink Prayer.
- RONNIE MOK – Sr. Technical Program Manager of Product Design at Hulu.
- KRYSTINA NGUYEN – Director of Strategic Marketing for SonoSim
- MARISSA PERETZ – Founder of Silicon Beach Talent (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- MARIA S. REDIN – Chief of Staff of Two Bit Circus.
- SARAH ROBERTS – Assistant Professor at UCLA and leading authority on commercial content moderation (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- JENNIFER SEGAL – Project Management, External Relations, Mission & Launch Operations at SpaceX (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- DEBORAH SELLERS – Business Development, Corporate Strategist, Entrepreneur & Angel Investor (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- MAX SILVERMAN – Founder of Canvas
- PHIL STOVER – CoFounded Blue Skies Unlimited
- JUAN SEBASTIAN VASQUEZ – Data Programs Manager, Office of Finance of the City of Los Angeles ; Data Instructor, General Assembly
- PRISCILLA VENTO – Founder/CEO at 30 Miles North (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- HAVA VOLTERRA – Co-Founder, CEO at Parsley (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- AMY Y. WAN, Esq. – Founder of Legal Bootstrap and Sagewise
- LEIGH WARE – Marketing Director at Quilt (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- GIANNA WURZL – CoFounder of Quilt (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- CHANG XU – Investor at Upfront Ventures (with Women’s Voices in Tech)
- EMMA YEE – Senior Product Manager at Goodrx | Data